Our Mission And Vision
- Our Mission is to excel in providing first class training in Culinary Arts, by imparting Professional skills, knowledge and attitudes of the highest standards.
- The Institutes Vision is not only to produce skilled Professionals but also to develop broad minded, inspired Leaders who will meet the future challenges of the Catering Industry.
- After Graduation our graduates immediately seek employment and work towards a successful Career, Most have found employment within the first few months .
- Many have also ventured abroad and now work in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Tanzania, Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, South Africa, and the USA just to mention a few.
- Many former students have gone to board International Cruise Liners and work as Chefs in its Kitchens.
- Several have joined Universities in Switzerland to pursue Higher Diplomas and Degrees in Culinary Arts , Food & Beverage Management and Hotel Management.
- Several have joined Universities in Switzerland to pursue Higher Diplomas, Degrees in Culinary Arts , Food & Beverage Management and Hotel Management.
- Some have already started their own Restaurants , Bakery operations or work as Food & Beverage Managers.
- A Top Chef Student is never alone .Our Institute will always assist former Students on Career development.
“Friday 30th April marked the end of my time at Courtyard by Marriott, Kuwait City as a Commis 1 pastry chef. It has been a wonderful two years, experiencing the styles and lifestyles of a Middle Eastern country, pre- and post- Covid. I have definitely learnt a lot about the preparations that go on at the back of house, handling large numbers with various functions such as weddings and graduation ceremonies and with the daily buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Covid-19 has definitely impacted the hospitality industry and it has been extremely insightful to see its progress and changes being implemented. Will definitely miss working with a great team of chefs and super grateful for the opportunity to expand my skills and gain more confidence in this field. Onto the next adventure… #chefs #hospitalityindustry #grateful”
Sir Richard Branson and former Top Chef student Janki Kassam and a friend at a function at the Nairobi Serena Hotel.
Michelin star TV chef Gordon Ramsey with Top Chef graduand Eva Averdung (right) and a friend during a recent cooking session in London.
Former Top Chef graduand Esther Ngugi pursuing further studies at HTMI in Switzerland.
Michelin starred Chef Jean-georges vongerichten with former Top Chef student Jeremiah Gichia. Currently the head Pastry Chef of COYA, located in Dubai.
Former Top Chef graduand Samuel Ogunja now Executive Sous Chef on a Caribbean Cruise liner.
Former Top Chef student Peter Matasyo has worked at the Nairobi Serena hotel, BOMA hotel, Hemingways hotel, Somaliland and is currently an Executive Chef in Zanzibar.
Former Top chefs student Sam Wamai currently working as a Chef on a Cruise liner in Europe.
Congratulations to Former Top Chefs Graduate and Finalist Lesiamon of class 10.
From the director.
Mr. Huwyler’s Chef Career started in Switzerland then it took him to England , Canada, Singapore, the Kenya Utalii College , NAS Airport Services , Serena Hotels and the Lord Erroll Restaurant, Runda.
Top Chefs Culinary Institute is a specialized school for Professional Chefs, providing day-to-day practicals, as well as theoretical classes in Culinary Arts. If your dream is to become a Chef then Top Chefs Culinary Institute is the place to make that dream a reality. We will put you in demand in a creative and enjoyable job market.
Let us start your career!
During the many years I have spent in the Catering Industry as a Chef , Senior Chef, Lecturer and Group Executive Training Chef I had the opportunity to fully understand the Training needs of Professional Chefs. In 2003, prior to starting Top Chefs Culinary Institute I put all the important components together and set up a Special Training Program for Chefs and Pastry Bakery Chefs. Knowledge , Skill and Creativity became the pillars of it.
Since then, together with my skilled team we have continuously updated the programs to be in line with the present and future development of the Catering Industry. Looking back we have educated over 700 Students who pursue their successful careers in Kenya and abroad.
Felix Huwyler , Swiss Chef and Managing Director.